Delta Dash Rules and Information
Race Date: Saturday 21 April 2018
Place: Delta Park, Standard Drive, Blairgowrie, Randburg, Johannesburg
Starting Time: 09:00 until 15:00
Prize Giving: 15:15
Race Details: 6 Hour endurance Mountain Bike Race in the Delta Park.
(5-7km laps) Team / Individual race. Three members per team. Most
completed laps in time allowed will win prizes.
Entry Fee: Online R200 per rider
Entries at www.deltadashmtb.co.za
Prizes: Prize for 1st place in all categories
Online entries close on Tuesday 17 April 2018 at 11:00pm.
Number collection and late entries will be on Friday the 20 April 2018 at Delta Park School from 07:15AM - 15:00PM.
Late entries on the day: Additional cost of R20 per rider from 07:00 to 8:30 on Race day. No team changes or substitutions can be made on the day.
Line entries will only be available if the maximum number of entries has not already been exceeded.
Categories: Team of Three: Male Jnr (13-18)
Team of Three: Female Jnr (13-18)
Team of Three: Male Senior (19+)
Team of Three: Female Senior (19+)
Team of Three: Mixed (13+) (1x of opposite sex)
Individuals: Male 19+
Individuals: Female 19+
Single speed – Individual only
Timing by Great time
Delta Dash MTB
- There are line entries on the day from 7am to 8.30am – providing maximum number of entries has not been reached.
- Categories for racing are: Mens solo, Ladies Solo, Mens Team, Ladies Team, Open Mixed teams, Junior mens team, Junior Ladies team, Mixed team, Single Speed
- Lap racing on +-5km course
- Teams of three or solo
- R200 online entry fee
- Starts at 9, ends at 3pm
- Only 1 lap is necessary to get you on the results and any number of laps you can fit in, in the 6 hours – you can stop riding and rest, and then start again when you like.
- Parking for riders is on the field – first come, first served
- Race briefing at 8.45am
- No solo riders under the age of 19
- Under 13s are allowed to ride in a team with an adult on it
- Timing by Great time
- 2 people teams are acceptable, there is just no category for them so not eligible for any prizes
- We don’t have a problem with dogs, as long as they are on lead and cared for throughout the day. They need to be kept away from the cyclists and off the track
- Gas braais are allowed – No braais are allowed
- Food and drinks will be for sale on the day. Coffee and cakes and breakfast rolls will be sold in the morning.
- There are some fun activities for kids and the race is very family friendly.
- It is suitable for supporters/spectators
- Medics are on site all day